In order to process your booking and to ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly, we need to use the information you provide.
We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of your travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels and transport companies. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them or required by law.
We will not pass any information on to any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements, unless required by law e.g. customs and immigration authorities. This applies also to any sensitive information that you give us which is relevant to your holiday arrangement. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons.
We will also hold your information to send you brochures or inform you of offers in the future, but we will not pass this on to anyone else for marketing purposes.
You can also check, edit and update your personal details by using this email.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Regulation (EU) 2016/679) came into force on 25 May 2018. This new regulation adjusts the way companies collect, store and use your personal information and puts you, the individual, firmly in control of your data.
We’re in the business of selling holidays to all corners of the world. You’ll need to provide us with some personal information in order for us to make the arrangements for your holiday to be provided. In some cases we may ask you to consent to give us other information in order that we can make specific arrangements for your holiday.
In order to keep you informed of the holidays we offer and which we think you’ll enjoy, if you’ve travelled with us or have expressed interest in our holidays, we may use the information you have given us for the purpose of marketing.
To ensure that you remain in control of your personal data, you can update us with how you wish us to communicate with you and what you’d like to receive from us.
We (BeCool Travel) use your personal data to operate, provide and market holiday services to you. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please take a few minutes to read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data, and how we’ll treat it. There are steps you can take to control what we do with your data and we have explained those steps in this Privacy Notice.
The Data Controller is RelaxDefender, Unipessoal, under the brand BeCool Travel, on Rua Emissor Regional do Sul, Bloco D, Loja 3, 8000-338 Faro, Portugal.
We need to collect certain personal details from you in order to process your booking, brochure and holiday information requests, provide your holiday arrangements and to provide you with a more personal service.
Depending on the reason that you have contacted us or we have contacted you, we will hold the following information about you:
This is information that you give to us when you fill in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
It includes information you provide when you: register to use our website; subscribe to receive information from us; request a brochure or information about us, our holidays, or the services we provide; make a holiday booking; buy holiday insurance from us; contact our Customer Relations Team; complete a post-holiday questionnaire; enter a competition, promotion or survey; and when you report a problem with our website.
Details we collect will include, where applicable: the names and contact details of you and those in your party; passport details; credit card, debit card or other payment details; and where you agree to provide us with such information: relevant medical conditions or disability information which may affect your participation in your chosen holiday arrangement, and; any dietary restrictions which may disclose your religious beliefs.
In addition, if you are contacting us in a business capacity, it may include information you provide concerning the services you provide or your business relationship with us.
Please note that telephone calls may be recorded for training and monitoring purposes.
We use personal data provided by you about other individuals, such as those in your party when you make a booking. By providing other people’s personal data, you must be sure that they agree to this and you are allowed to provide it. You should also ensure that, where appropriate, they understand how their personal data may be used by us.
Where relevant we may receive personal data from third parties including, for example: third party suppliers of holiday services such as hotels, transport providers and local guides; emergency assistance providers and the emergency services; sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services; holiday review platform providers; analytics providers; search information providers; and holiday brands in the same group as BeCool Travel.
We record any basic observations made by our tour leaders relating to your ability to cope with the nature and demands of previous holidays to enable us to advise you on the suitability of holidays you may wish to take in the future.
If you are acting in a business capacity, we may receive information from: persons making an enquiry or complaint; trade and professional bodies; regulatory authorities; police forces. In such cases, the information we receive may also include: racial or ethnic origin; religious or other beliefs of a similar nature; information about alleged offences; visual images, personal appearance and behaviour; employment; and education, experience and training details.
We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other relevant consumer protection legislation.
Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
– process your booking, brochure and holiday information requests, provide your holiday arrangements and to provide you with a more personal service;
– to provide you and, if appropriate, our tour leaders with information and advice to ensure that you are able to participate as fully as possible in the holiday arrangements;
– to provide you, or permit selected third parties mentioned in paragraph 5 to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
– to make suggestions and recommendations to you about services or goods that may interest you;
– to allow you to participate in features of our website(s), when you choose to do so;
– to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
– to notify you about changes to our holiday services;
– where relevant, to provide you with assistance and claims handling services;
– to respond to and to manage security operations, accidents or other similar incidents, including medical and insurance purposes;
– to carry out market research and internal research and development, and to develop and improve our product range, services, security, know-how and the way we communicate with you;
– to administer our site(s) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
– as part of our efforts to keep our website and other IT systems safe and secure
– We will only contact you to help you make the most of what we offer. This means for purposes such as:
– Asking you for information necessary to process your holiday arrangements
– Sending you brochures with our holidays for the coming season
– Providing you with newsletters to keep you up to date with our programme of holidays
– Tips, information and guidance to help you make informed choices about our holidays, destinations and services
– Sending you periodic holiday offers we think might be of interest to you
– To get your feedback on our holidays or services
– We will make all efforts to ensure that our contact with you is relevant to the personal information we have collected.
We would also like to store and use your personal details for future marketing purposes. We do this in various ways, for example by sending you a brochure, with details of new features, tours or special offers which we think may be of interest to you. We would like to contact you by mail, email or e-flyer, but only if you want us to. Similarly, we may also send you information about selected third parties’ products and services that may be of interest to you (such as airport accommodation or parking or offers from outdoor equipment suppliers).
We like to hear your views to help us to improve our products and services, so we may contact you for market research purposes. You always have the choice about whether to take part or continue in our market research.
We promise never to sell, rent, trade or otherwise release your personal details to any outside the BeCool Travel group for their mailing or marketing purposes.
We will only use your data for legitimate marketing purposes where we believe our services will be of interest to you when you have contacted us or made a holiday booking with us and you have not told us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages.
You can ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can do this by checking certain boxes or unsubscribe links on the forms we use to collect your data and on any marketing emails we send you. You can also ask us at any time by contacting us.
From time-to-time, our staff, your travelling companions, journalists, appointed photographers and suppliers may take photographs and video footage of holidays in progress, including images of our clients. These pictures may be used in future marketing materials and stored physically and digitally. You have the right to decline to be photographed whilst participating in our holiday arrangements. Should you not wish to be filmed or photographed and images of you used in this manner, please make your wishes known to your tour leader and the photographer at the start of your holiday. Should an identifiable image of you be displayed in our website or brochures, we will on request remove these from our website without delay and delete the image from our records to prevent any future use.
We need to pass on your personal details to companies and organisations who need to know them in order to be able to provide your holiday arrangements (for example, airlines, hotels, credit card companies and banks). Such companies and organisations may be outside the European Union if your holiday is to take place or involves suppliers outside this area. It may also be processed by organisations operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Occasionally we hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, for example mailing information to our customers. We only provide those companies with the personal details relating to our clients which they require in order to deliver the service. They are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose including their own marketing purposes. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your details for this reason agrees to treat it with the same level of protection we are obliged to provide.
Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with any member of the BeCool Travel and/or selected third parties including:
– business partners, holiday service suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you or for the provision of services that we agree to provide to you;
– your travel agent;
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
– If BeCool Travel or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
So that you can travel, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your personal data for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate.
Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger information (API). These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may assist where appropriate.
We may share the minimum personal data necessary with other public authorities if the law says we must, or we are legally allowed to do so.
We can only use your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so. We will only use your personal data where one or more of the following apply:
– You have given your consent to the use (which you can withdraw at any time by notifying us), or
– It is necessary:
(a) for the performance of a contract between us, or
(b) for the taking of steps at your request with a view to entering into a contract, or
– It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation that we must comply with, or
– It is necessary in order to protect your interests.
– It is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests such a marketing our services in the appropriate circumstances, for example, where you have used our services and have not objected to receiving information about further services of a similar nature. Even so, we will not unfairly put our legitimate interests above what is best for you.
We will keep your data only for as long as it is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which we hold it unless there are any legal or operational reasons to hold it for a longer period. At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
We understand how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. We take appropriate security measures to help protect your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorised access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The security of your personal data also depends on you. For example, where we have given you or where you have chosen a password for access to certain services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
You can ask to see a copy of the information that we hold about you and for corrections to be made to any incorrect information. We want to be as helpful as possible and, in most cases will provide the information within one month of your request.
We do not have to provide information in all cases including where it would involve disclosing information about another person or where a request is excessive or manifestly unfounded. We may make a charge for providing the information in some cases.
You have the right to receive the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another controller.
You can also ask us for following information:
– the purposes of the processing;
– the categories of personal data concerned;
– the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed;
– where it is possible for us to provide the information, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period;
– where we have not collected the data from you, any available information as to their source.
You can ask us to erase any data that we hold about you where one of the following grounds applies:
– the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
– you withdraw your consent to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the processing;
– you object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation and our legitimate grounds for processing do not override your interests;
– you object to processing for direct marketing purposes;
– the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
– the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in European Union or Member State law to which we are subject.
We are not required to erase your data where we need to process your data:
– for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
– for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by European Union or Member State law to which we are subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
– for reasons of public interest in the area of public health;
– for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes so far as the erasure of data is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing; or
– for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You can ask us to restrict our processing of your data where one of the following applies:
– you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold about you for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
– the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
– we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but the data are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
– you object to processing on grounds relating to your particular situation pending the verification of whether our legitimate grounds for processing override your interests.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your holiday contract and the provision of support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data and have contractual processes in place with our business partners to do this, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site.
Once we have received your information, we will use relevant procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access, unlawful use, accidental loss, corruption or destruction. All such information is held on secure servers.
In order to process your holiday payment and comply with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS), reputable third-party banking institutions handle our debit and credit card transactions. They receive the information needed to verify and authorise your payment card transactions and holiday payments. All such organisations are under strict obligation to keep your personal information private.
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
BeCool Travel staff, including our tour leaders, are aware of and have been instructed to comply with this privacy notice and other company policies relating to data privacy regulations.
Please do let us know if your details change so that we can continue to stay in touch. If you have any concerns about the content of this Privacy Notice or any personal information BeCool Travel holds about you please get in touch.
Any questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to Data Protection, The Data Controller is BeCool Travel, on Rua Emissor Regional do Sul, Bloco D, Loja 3, 8000-338 Faro, Portugal or you can send an email to us at email@example.com.
If you think that there is a problem with the way that we are handling your data or you are not happy with our response to your concerns, you have the right to complain to the CNPD – Comissão Nacional de Protecção de Dados – the Portuguese Data Protection Authority. You can contact their helpline on +351 213 928 400, or use the contact form on their website www.cnpd.pt .
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. As the content of this privacy notice may change from time to time due to developments in the law and changes to our company policy, we would encourage you to periodically reread it from time to time so that you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information.
Your confidence in our website and your internet security is important to us.
Please take a few minutes to read this Computer Security advice.
BeCool Travel website is secure.
Our online booking process also uses the ‘Verified by Visa’ or ‘MasterCard SecureCode’ facilities provided by the banks to protect you from fraud when buying online.
BeCool Travel endeavours to protect its users’ personal information and privacy. We do not guarantee the security of any information you disclose online and you do so at your own risk. You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations inherent to the internet environment.
Using an unsecured Wifi network in a public place can be risky as unauthorised people may try to intercept what you’re doing online. We recommend you only connect to secure wireless networks that you trust, and to always be aware of the risks associated with using public Wifi networks in.
We accept that remembering passwords can be problematic, however by using effective and secure passwords on all the websites you use, you can combat possible fraudulent activity using your personal details.
Multiple passwords keep you safer than using the same password for each of your online accounts, as if a criminal gains access to your password, all your accounts could be at risk. When you set a password, it’s a good idea to use a mix of numbers and characters, and to use a password which is very personal to you. Most websites will set a minimum number of characters to use, but try to avoid using obvious passwords such as ‘password’, your name or phone number.
It’s a good idea to change your passwords regularly, especially for websites you use a lot and which involve financial transactions.
In common with all legitimate companies, we will ever ask you to reveal your login password by email or telephone. Should you ever receive a request to divulge your password, you should ignore the request and not respond. We may from time to time prompt you to change your password, but we will never contact you to ask you to reveal your password.
Phishing is an attempt to trick someone into providing confidential information which can then be used for identity theft or fraud. Should you be in any doubt as to the genuineness of an email claiming to be from us, please contact us by telephone or via the contact details displayed in our brochures and on our websites.
BeCool Travel uses web based analytics software to analyse activity on our websites including information such as overall visitors to our websites, the time of visits, visits to individual webpages on our sites, details of any links which brought you to our site together with any information downloaded. This software does not collect personal information such as a visitor’s name, address or email.
Please do let us know if your details change so that we can continue to stay in touch. If you have any concerns about the content of this Computer Security Policy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Computer Security Policy, published on 30/06/2018, supersedes all previous versions.
Your confidence in our website, our concern for your privacy and internet security is important to us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our Website.
The cookies used on our website identify your computer so that you can navigate our site more easily and our website (and only our website) can remember your preferences when you subsequently return to the site. Cookies cannot give us access to your computer or to information other than that provided by you. Cookies are not viruses, spyware or files which can damage your computer.
Cookies are designed to hold a small amount of data specific to a particular client and website but are anonymous and contain no personal information such as your name, address, passport information or credit card details.
By continuing to use our Website, you are agreeing to our placing of cookies on your computer or device in order to analyse the way you use our website and for the other purposes set out in this Cookies Policy. Please read this Cookies Policy carefully and in full for more detail about the information we collect when you use our Website and how it is used.
If you do not consent to our placing of cookies on your computer or device in connection with your use of this Website, you must stop using the Website.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs and preferences. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes only and all data is anonymous.
We may also allow some of these companies to use tracking pixels. Tracking pixels may be used to collect and store information about visits to our Website, such as which pages you viewed and how long you spent on the website, as well as the specific advertisement that you clicked to visit our site. No personally identifiable information is stored on these cookies or web pixels. The information reported to us is aggregated and anonymous. We use this information to understand, for example, the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing.
A site may use a limited number of cookies essential to particular services a user has requested or for security purposes. For example, a site may use a cookie for a shopping cart function when a user makes a purchase. In particular, if a user has registered to a site or uses a customer portal. A cookie will be used to authenticate the device that a user is using.
Performance cookies are set to collect and report on aggregate non-identifiable information, which can then be used to report on the performance of the website and provide insights on how the site is currently used and how it can be improved for your audience.
Functional cookies support how a website functions. For example, by identifying a user’s device on a unique but anonymous basis, a website can identify the user’s language preferences.
Third party cookies are placed on a user’s device. These are cookies from an alternative domain to the one the user is visiting. Third party cookies are often allowed by a web browser, however, they may be blocked, as they are widely used by advertisers to track browsing history.
– You do not have to give the same information several times during one task
– Our website recognises that you have entered your username and password so that you don’t have to repeatedly re-enter this information
– We can see the number of visitors to our sites using specific web pages, so that we can make our sites easier to use and quick to load
You can choose not to accept cookies by changing your chosen web browser settings and continue to use our websites only to browse.
For more information regarding controlling and deleting cookies on your computer, please visit www.aboutcookies.org .
BeCool Travel uses a number of third party applications which also set cookies to deliver the services that they are providing.
Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you. Should you wish to, you can easily control and disable cookies through your browser settings.
– show you relevant content, ads and emails that we think you’ll want to see
– collect data so we can improve your site experience
– share information about your use of the site with third-party advertising and analytics partners
– show you bundled savings
Most browsers accept cookies by default. You can alter your browser settings to not accept cookies or delete the cookies from your computer.
Different web browsers may use different methods for managing cookies.
Please follow the instructions below, from the most common web browser manufacturers directly, to configure your browser settings.